Thursday, August 19, 2010

UNION REUNION and BABY SHOWER

Ten years ago, I graduated from Union High School and started my journey at the University of Oklahoma. WOW. I cannot believe how quickly a decade has passed! Even now, I can remember standing in the parking lot with my best friends on our last day of high school. We were SO sad that our great high school experience was over and that we were separating for college, but little did we know...life was going to get even better! College life was amazing, and married life is the greatest thing I've ever known. I've been told that life seems to pass more and more quickly the older you get, and I definitely believe it. What a sweet reminder to find joy in each day and cherish time with the people you love!

So, I'm thinking about what I was doing ten years ago, because I had my TEN year high school reunion a few weeks ago. It was so fun! Kevin and I flew to Tulsa for a long weekend and had a great time seeing high school friends. I really enjoyed catching up with people I haven't seen in years, and I absolutely loved seeing my closest friends from high school...because I think we're even closer now than we were as teenagers!

I also had the privilege of helping host a Sip & See shower for my friend, Jen, and her new baby, Athan, that weekend. Here are some pics from all of the festivities. (Good news--I learned how to embed a slideshow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! If you do not have a google or blogger account, just select Name/URL from the drop down menu, type your name and press continue to leave a comment. Thanks for reading!