Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday Five - 12.16.11

So, these Friday Five posts seem to be the only things I blog anymore...but at least they keep me blogging regularly!  8 weeks in a row! :) 

1.  Kevin came home this week!  He just spent 4.5 weeks training in the desert, and I'm incredibly grateful that we get to spend Christmas together.  Here's a video that one of the guys in his squadron made, and it gives you a glimpse of what Kevin saw while he was flying/working.


2.  Here's a family Thanksgiving photo that I meant to share a few weeks ago.  We had a wonderful day together, but Kevin and Adam were deeply missed!


3.  Today I'm doing something I've never done before.....I'm using my crockpot!  It's pretty sad that I've had it for at least 5 years and I've never used it, so I'm changing that today.  My hesitation wasn't due to fear of the crockpot, but the fact that it seems a little too good to be true.  You can throw some things in there in the morning, and it produces a tasty dinner 6-8 hours later?  I'm still not sure I believe it, but I'm finally willing to give it a try.  If it turns out well, I'll post the recipe I used next week.  Also, if you have a crockpot recipes that you love, please share it with me! 

4.  Kevin and I are putting our Christmas tree up tonight!  Last Christmas, we spent two weeks in Oklahoma and we were moving so soon afterward that we didn't put up our tree...so the Christmas card tree below filled the void.  One of our favorite things about Christmas season is receiving Christmas cards in the mail from family and friends.


5.  Check out this Christmas light display that honors our great military.  (My favorite part is the Marine Corps hymn, of course!)

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading your Friday Five! Keep it up! We have made a lot of stuff in the crock pot in the past: roast/potatoes/carrots and spicy shredded chicken (for burritos) are probably our most frequent meals in the crock pot. Hope you find some recipes you like!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! If you do not have a google or blogger account, just select Name/URL from the drop down menu, type your name and press continue to leave a comment. Thanks for reading!