Saturday, December 10, 2011

Friday Five - 12.9.11

1.  The 12 Stages of Deployment - My friend, Stacy, shared a link to this YouTube video on Facebook recently, and I think it is worth sharing.  Major props to this military wife for keeping a humorous attitude during a really difficult time!  Fellow military families, you will relate to this and non-military families, you will get a glimpse into life during a deployment!


2.  Another gift idea - If you're looking for a fun and very inexpensive gift then I have a solution for you. The Vera Bradley Shopper Tote in Folkloric.  It's only $8.00, and it is one of the cutest reusable bags I've seen!  You can use it as a grocery bag, carry-on travel bag or in any scenario where you need a lightweight, foldable tote. 


3.  Have you ever seen a fully furnished, multi story, adult-sized treehouse?  I hadn't either...until I saw one on The Nate Berkus Show recently.  Check it out here and I think you'll find it interesting!  I love the idea of using mason jars as outdoor light fixtures.

4.  It doesn't feel like Christmas time when you have flowers blooming in December!  What's crazy is that these flowers were gorgeous when my Dad planted them this summer (thanks, Dad!) but they died rather quickly due to sprinkler system issues (or so I thought).  Now, it's almost winter, the sprinkler system has been off for a month and they are blooming!


5.  I found this saying back in June, but I came across it again today and felt the need to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! If you do not have a google or blogger account, just select Name/URL from the drop down menu, type your name and press continue to leave a comment. Thanks for reading!