Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Five - 1.20.12

1.  I received a very special birthday wish from South Carolina while we were in Oklahoma, and it came from this precious cutie-pie. :)  Thanks to his momma at The Newman Network for sending this sweet photo!

2. My heart melted again that day when I received this video from one of my favorite toddlers.  It's the sweetest version of "Happy Birthday" I've ever heard! :)  Thanks for sending it to me, Kee!

3.  While we were in Tulsa, Kevin and his mom found his high school letter jacket!  Check him out. :)

4.  Last weekend we went bowling for a friend's birthday, and Kevin scored a 246!  He knocked down all but like 3 pins during the game...which is CRAZY to me since he doesn't play that often.  I guess he and his buddies played quite a few times during the deployment but apparently he never did this well.
1. I had nothing to do with the nicknames.  2.  No, I will not identify my score.

5.  This is our first "winter" (if you can even call it that when it's 66 degrees outside) in our new home, so I am just now discovering that our two shrubs produce beautiful blooms this time of year!  Thanks to Al, who knows way more than I do about gardening, I've learned that they are most likely Camellia shrubs.  (Our builder planted them.)  Here's a completely unedited photo to show you how gorgeous and vibrant the color is.  This shrub is covered with blooms right now, and I am loving it! 

3 comments:

  1. what a talented bowler you have on your hands! I still can't believe we're turning 30... older and wiser, older and wiser. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited the pic of Kellan made it in :-D

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! If you do not have a google or blogger account, just select Name/URL from the drop down menu, type your name and press continue to leave a comment. Thanks for reading!