Monday, September 27, 2010

My attempt to be a photographer...

Last week, I had the pleasure of taking family photos for my sweet and beautiful friend, Nicole. In case you're wondering...I have absolutely ZERO experience doing anything like this, and I have only had my DSLR camera for three short months. So, PLEASE lower your expectations before you scroll down. (Thank you!) On the other hand, I really enjoy taking photos with my new camera and I just love this family to pieces...so I had to say yes when Nicole asked me for this little favor. Before the big day, I spent quite a bit of time scoping out potential locations and even more time researching photography tips online. Kevin was also a huge help in this effort because he willingly 'posed' in front of different backdrops for me so I could see what my practice photos would look like w/ a human in them. :)

I went into the photoshoot incredibly nervous and came out of it just as nervous about the results because it was one of the hardest things I've ever done! I knew that it was going to be difficult because photography is truly an art form and I am such a beginner, but I didn't realize how brief the moments would be when I had everyone's attention and happy faces! Fortunately for me, this family looks cute all the time no matter what they're doing...so I managed to capture some great shots while learning a LOT about photography. I would love to be great at this craft someday but I need much more practice if that is ever going to happen. Thank you, Nicole & Adam, for letting me take your family photos! I miss you guys already, and it still hasn't sunk in that you're living in Japan for the next three years. :(

Here are some of my favorites from the 500 or so I took.































2 comments:

  1. SO cute!!! Wow, that little girl is a doll. Great job Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job! So proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! If you do not have a google or blogger account, just select Name/URL from the drop down menu, type your name and press continue to leave a comment. Thanks for reading!