Saturday, November 12, 2011

Friday Five - 11.11.11

1. Happy Veteran's Day!  Thank you, thank you, thank you to those who have served and those who currently serve.  We can never thank you enough for all you do to protect us!

2. Happy 236th Birthday to THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS! (Yesterday)  The video below, The 236th Marine Corps Birthday Message, fills me with so many emotions that I can hardly put into words.  The men and women who train and fight to protect our country are so selfless, so brave and so admirable.  We as a nation are very blessed to enjoy the freedoms that we do, and those freedoms would not exist without our great military. 



3. On a lighter note, I'm in Tulsa right now and the tree leaves are almost too beautiful to be true!  I should have taken photos of some of the trees I saw in my parents' neighborhood today so I could share them.  I'll try to remember to take some while I'm here so I can post them.

4. Pedi Socks - Have you heard of them?  If you like to paint your toenails or get pedicures in the Fall and Winter, they are really handy.  You just slip them on before your start painting your nails and then you don't have to worry about ice cold feet and ankles while your nail polish dries!  My mom gave me these cute striped ones today, and I know I will use them over and over because I have ridiculously cold feet! (Just ask my husband.)



5. First ever Carrier Classic - North Carolina and Michigan State played a basketball game on the flight deck of the USS Carl Vinson tonight!  How cool is that?!  Here's an article about the game and here's a time lapse video showing how the flight deck was transformed into a basketball arena.  Pretty impressive.


Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! If you do not have a google or blogger account, just select Name/URL from the drop down menu, type your name and press continue to leave a comment. Thanks for reading!